Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Neighborhood Restoration Update

These post are all probably going to share similar titles, so I apologize in advance if things get confusing. I'll try to specify what I've worked on each week(ish) from now on.

I've been slowly getting some lights turned back on in here. Mostly I've been focusing on the fixtures on the outside of the residences, but I've also gotten a handful of the square "hand" lamps working again as well. I've hoarded a few spare cones from one of the DRC's work sites in the City to mark off hazards, and brought a beach ball in for tradition's sake. It doesn't really benefit the restoration process, it's just a nice piece of nostalgia having Eddie rolling around the neighborhood. Well, it would be if he rolled anywhere... right now he's still boxed away in a corner.

Small update, but I've been taking it slow and trying not to get in over my head. Still haven't been in the auditorium, and all of the doors are still locked. Thankfully, my new Relto Book has been making it possible for me to get out of here quickly and easily, since the Book Room is still closed off as well.

No comments: