Sunday, November 28, 2010

Neighborhood Restoration Update: Function

Told you it might be a while...

*ahem* Anyway. There's so much working now it's almost hard to remember what I need to record. The light garden is working, though it still seems to be turning off after a while... must be something I've missed, but darned if I can find it. I'll come back to it later.

The Private Rooms are as functional as I think I'm going to get them... I finally managed to pry the doors open on the room facing the entry hallway, so you can at least get into one, but I think I permanently damaged the door getting it there, so it won't be closing again anytime soon. So, your definition of "private" may need some adjusting ;).

The classroom is all polished up and looking fancy. Desks are still askew, but I'll worry about organizing everything later. More on the classroom in a second though.

I've managed to work out how to get the imagers turned on and running. The left imager was accepting uploads just long enough for me to upload a photo I took of Eder Tsogahl a while ago, but now the upload functionality seems to be hosed. Sigh. The imager on the right is even less interactive. I managed to hack in a hello world message, but that's about it. It's not set up to accept pellet scores or anything, so there's not much else I can really do with it at this point. At least it's running...

Going back to the classroom, the imager in there is working as well. Well, "working"... it's running, and again I managed to get an image onto it before that functionality went belly-up. I wonder if there's some sort of flag in the code that's preventing additional updates... I'll have to dig into this more later. For now, like I said before, I'm just glad they're running.

At this point, I think I'm going to take some time and go home for the holidays... I've already missed Thanksgiving, and I'd rather not miss Christmas too. I'll be back after New Year's with some more restoration updates. Until then, happy holidays, and stay safe!

No comments: