Friday, April 25, 2008

Emo D'ni

The dimness of this place is kind of starting to get to me... I've been sleeping a lot more than I usually do, and spend a fair amount of my waking hours feeling tired. I don't think I noticed this nearly as much while I was working for the DRC because we were in parts of the Cavern that were much better-lit, and I always had easy access to several above-ground Ages if I needed a breath of fresh air and the warmth of the sun on my face. Despite Ri'neref's intention that the D'ni love their home here in the Cavern, I can't help but understand why many viewed it as a place to hang their hat and little more, while they basked in the splendor of their Ages. Perhaps his plan to teach the D'ni some humility through their surroundings ultimately backfired...

I think what will help me the most is getting some of the firemarbles around the harbor lit up again. Knowing that the Nexus is currently FUBAR, I doubt many people are going to be able to get to Ae'Gura right now, so I'm not nearly as concerned about someone finding me out here and invading my space (for everything else that's got me down, the silence isn't all that depressing). A little bit more light in the area couldn't hurt, at any rate.

No comments: