Sunday, April 13, 2008

Food, Glorious Food

My luck seems to be slowly turning around...

I've spent the last couple of days pouring over the rest of the stuff I found in the abandoned DRC base camp this week, looking for anything that might help me avoid an untimely death by starvation. In addition to the Er'tsuda Book (which is actually [eh|r|'|ts|oo|d|ah], not [ts|uh|d|ah] as I originally reported... my D'ni is very rusty), I also found a DRC-stamped Age that looks like a private garden from the Gateway Image. The note attached to it indicates it was found higher up in the City, but the specifics are hard to make out because of the DRC's tedious practice of turning everything into a 4-digit number. I found a notebook elsewhere in the camp that indicated the Book was part of a collection removed from a private home in a district accessible only by Linking Book, so it's fair to say it's pretty safe to use. I'm still not entirely sold on using it until I've found the restoration documents for the Age (and they're bound to be around the camp somewhere) and have some substantive proof that a DRC ResEng came back from the place alive, but it's a great lead.

There isn't too much more to report at the moment... there's a ton of stuff in this camp site, and I've only gone through about half of it. Most of it is pretty dull stuff... lots of catalogues of artifacts and a few maps which may prove useful if I can figure out where they're for. Tons of minutes from meetings held years ago, which I'd eventually like to go through, as they may help me figure out what areas are safe to explore and what the state of restoration was when this site was abandoned. For now, though, I've got a good lead on two new Ages, and a whole 'nother stack of research notes to go through. I also found a few boxes of MREs, so I should be set for food for a little while longer. Now, though, it's well past time for me to be in bed, so off I go. More as I have time to post it.

No comments: